Friday, December 5, 2008

I love my family....and Crispy Cream Donuts!



Yesterday I got scheduled with all the tests, scans, blood draws and treatment plans that will need to be done ASAP before Chemotherapy begins.... So my mother called a FAMILY meeting to get my sister, brother, dad and me together with husbands and wives to go over what kind of help I will be needing... So before I go into all my dreadful stuff I just wanted to include how cute my Nice and Nephews are... My brother came in with two boxes of Crispy Cream Donuts! How sweet is that? It just started off the night so fun... The kids were happy and so were we! They danced for us and sang songs which just brought tears to my eyes.....So after the show I made a list of all my doctor visits and where my kids will be each day... This way if I needed my brother, sister or parents at any time my family would know where to pick my children up in case of an emergency etc...I do not know if the Chemo will be the hardest part of my Challenge or the distance between me and the kids....I almost morn for them right now... I'm starting to see little changes in their behavior.... I know this will pass but what a hard thing to have to do! On a positive note I enjoyed 2 Crispy Creams with the kids and felt great eating every bite! What would happen if I had NO ONE to turn to? There are many people in the world who have no one! No one to bring them Crispy Cream in times of sadness and sorrow... I will have to say yesterday was sad because of the amount of information that was given to me I felt overwhelmed that I slept for 3 hours... But soon after that I had my girlfriends come over with "the plan" for meals, childcare and anything else I would need... I also was able to just pick up the phone call my best friend Kristen in Memphis and say I HATE CANCER!!! and then I felt better....With that said it could be a lot worse! So tomorrow I begin my scheduled tests.... Here I go!

No comments: