Friday, December 19, 2008

Had A Visit To Get A Wig! What an Experience!

Not quite sure this will be for me.... Read on to get the full Scoop of my Wig Shopping Experience.
Donated Hat YA LIKE? not quite me but this was with one on the Wigs and Hats I got to bring home with me...


Here are the scarves, wig supplies and other things donated to me..


Wig #1 Longer Hair to be worn only with a hat!











Wig #2 (please excuse the PJ's I just don't care what I look like lately)


I had the chance to stop over at the National Cancer Society office which gives free donations of wigs, head wraps, bandannas, hats and lots of information pertaining to loosing your hair during chemotherapy.

This is going to happen anytime now and I have come to some realization with being so sick, nothing tasting good, sores in my mouth, fatigue, sleepless nights, and just plain old being in PAIN! That... my hair might not be so bad to loose seeing that it is one more thing LESS I have to do!

I try to work with this short hair cut but I have to say I'm not to keen on it... Anyway back to the National Cancer Society Story. I had to see my reconstruction surgeon 2 days ago to get another 50 cc's pumped into my chest wall/boob. (Man it hurts like HE-double hockey sticks!) So before my appointment I went over for a visit to see what kind of "free" stuff I could get. I was already at the hospital so I thought why not? This is what I got! With that being said...

I had kept my fingers crossed that I could find that "perfect wig" Hollywood Style maybe. A little between a Sarah Jessica Parker or Jennifer Lopez look! I told my brother Clay (while texting him of course that I was really serious!) Well it was Hilarious! The only wig that was even close to what I would consider wearing was totally BLOND and that I'm not! So I had to settle with what you are seeing above..... Notice the hat, and 2 different types of wigs.

Wig#1 You wear with hats so the top is actually just a band with hair hanging so it looks like you have long hair. To diffcult to use!

Wig #2 Is just a regular wig that I will need to get styled by someone to much hair! It just isn't me!


So be my guest if you want to send me a hat that you think looks more like "me" feel free! If I could I would be getting some sort of hat out of "LA or Bevery Hills" just to feel totaly hip! but.... I think I might just have to go Kojak style (right Clay?) but we will see!


I'm not at all making fun of the National Cancer Society Donations... It's a wonderful thing! I'm so grateful I had friends tell me about this program... Someday I'll be back at that office but on the "donating side of it not the "receiving"....

2 comments:

Christy said...

If you will get me a sample, pic, something of one of the scarfs (sp???) I will make some cool ones that are the colors or prints that you like. I have some great Amy Butler, Michael Miller and Joel Dewberry fabric that you would love. Let me know, don't forget to call me Sunday with a date for when we can pick up Ethen. Chase is dying for him to come for a visit. Take care.

Owen said...

You are so funny Elizabeth! I am pooped tonight, but I laughed as I read all this because I can just picture you taking the pics and saying all that about each of your wigs!! You are gonna "rock the casbah" either way!