Friday, December 5, 2008

Test # 1 PET SCAN & Chemo Next Week!

Here I am having the Actual PET SCAN!... I just closed my eyes and thought of my kids! Happy thoughts! Then after the procedure I was told that I could not hold my children until 7pm because of the radiation in me... So as I write I'm at my mothers house so they will not cry for me to hold them or hug them or get them a drink or get them something to eat.... This is so sad... I will get through this!
Don't I look Dazed & Confused? I'm so tired and just feel out of it... But I am sitting here getting dye injected into me so I could begin my test.

I had a PET Scan to look for any other tumors or if any signs of cancer is in the breast that was removed.... Funny thing is they let my mother come into the room where they injected the dye . I could not TALK for 1 hour! How does Elizabeth do that? I'm full of things to say! So my sweet mother read to me while I cuddled in a recliner. The words she read to me were about adversity. With adversity comes happiness! So this is my adversity and I will be waiting for my happiness soon! I love my sweet mother who is not well herself but still finds away to take care of me and my children...
PS> Chemo starts next Wednesday... Crap! This is a Drag!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good writing - thanks for sharing your REAL feelings and the step by step will be so helpful for others and just a memory for you:-)

Kristen said...

Oh Elizabeth. I can't even come close to understanding how difficult this is for you. I'm sure it's the hardest not being able to be the great mom you're used to being. I do have to say though, it's inspiring to me to try to enjoy the small things with my kids. Thank you for that. I so wish I was there to jump into the mix and help out with everything. You're mom is such a sweetie to read to you like that. Of coarse, we already knew she's a sweetie. I put your name on the prayer roll at the temple again today. We're fasting for you and your family again tomorrow. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers daily. I know you feel like crap and dazed, but you are still an amazing example of strength to all of us! I love you!

Christy said...

I'm glad we had the chance to visit with you and your family. Sorry we came so late and messed up bedtime. It was nice to sit and visit and share about all that has happened and all that is to come. We found a cute little tent at a yard sale for Chase and Ethen to sleep in when ET comes to visit. Chase is so excited with all kinds of plans for the 2 of them. Take care and good luck with your first treatment next week. We love you.