Monday, December 8, 2008

Now you see it! Now you don't!

Now you see it! Bad Hair Day anyway... No makeup just not in the mood! I knew it was getting cut off so I did not even bother doing it today... So I look about how I feel... Tired, I can not process very well, I'm mentally drained and feel very hyper inside.... Tomorrow I get to get a port put into my chest for the chemo to go into easier. So one more thing to do...
Actually 3 more things to do:
1. Chest Xrays 7:00 am.
2. Muga Scan 7:30 am on Heart
3. Port put in report to hospital by 1:30pm... I guess no time for Christmas shopping ! Dang!

Sweet Ethen trying to make me laugh... This was a good bonding experience for us because he fully understands what is going to happen and he is so concern and always says "I hate chemo" your going to loose your hair!

I thought about donating the hair to the Pantine company but found out it could not be colored hair.... of course I have darkened my hair for years now!


Now you don't! I would say a full 12 inches got cut in a matter of 20 minutes... I still just kept on saying it will grow back!






This was hard! I grew my hair out just because I like putting it up in all different ways plus it was so easy to do on my lazy days! Here is my son Ethen who came to support me cutting my hair.This will make the transition easier for me and the kids! Hair is usually gone by 1st treatment. sigh......





11 comments:

Owen said...

YOU LOOK ADORBLE!! No....SASSY!! No...HOT!!! No...BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!! I could go on and on!!! You are so cute!! LOVE IT Elizabeth, love it!
PS
I am a GREAT "Santa's helper" when it comes to shopping....you've got my #.

Rob and Jen Cooper said...

Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family every day! I will tell you that I love your hair!! I know it wont last long, but what you did right now looks great! Like Erica, I am happy to help with the shopping or anything thing else that needs to happen!
-Jennifer Cooper

Kristen said...

Knowing how much I love long hair, I'm sure this wasn't easy for you. You do look very cute though. I"m looking to you to show us the fashionable side of cancer. You're always great at that. It was great talking to you this morning. You sound so much better...even if you do feel like crap still. Know that in my heart I'm sending you lots of Dr Pepper! Love ya!

Bumm crew said...

Hair loooks awesome! When they're finished shopping--I love to wrap presents. Let me know,I'll be there!
-Bobbie

jana said...

k- I'm LOVIN the hair. How am I gonna tell you and Erica apart from the back now? Great look, even if it's short lived. You are still AMAZING!

Amy Sue said...

You're beautiful! Ethan told me all about it this morning--he said Drake thought your hair looked just like Erica's now ") So cute!!

You're such a brave woman. You're going to get through this just fine.

I'm here for you babe! Anything.Anytime!

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

LOVE that hair cut! It's tough to be bald, but you are doing the right thing...keep telling yourself that it's temporary! That's exactly what I did.

You are doing such an amazing job.

Love ya...Charlene

Donna said...

I LOVE your new "do". It looks sooo cute. Praying for ya....as always! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had to cut your long hair. I am sure that was a tough one for you. I love the look on you. Wow! I have to say I agree with the others you are a hot mamma! You do cancer with grace and style. Hugs to you!

Christy said...

Love the do...Hair or not we still love you.

Christine said...

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on!I just logged on and saw about 5 posts that I've missed! Starting with this one and I have to say your hair looks FANTASTIC! That's so cool that Ethan went with you for support. He'll remember those moments for the rest of his life and he'll be forever grateful that you let him a part of your healing process. I am still amazed by how well you are handling all of this. You are incredible!