Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Could not resist! I just had to make cookies with my kids! But now I'm paying the price!

Here is Maya who just demanded to wear a coat and hat in the house and it is not even cold during the days here in Arizona! She loves accessories!



The boys making cookies.... Drake licked more of the icing then putting it on the actual cookie!


The ending results! So glad it got done... It was really bothering me that my cookie making tradition was not taken place this year.




Sunday I started to feel pretty good so I got this great idea to make cookies with the kids... I had told them that we were not going to make cookies this year so when I told them to get out the "sprinkles" they were so excited.... 2 hours later this is what they made and I felt like at least 1 tradition was done this year... Since they have had to go to my friends or sisters houses the last few weeks I felt like I needed some good quality time with them....




Later that evening I started to feel a little ache. So I thought I over did it... Monday I still felt the same. By that evening I decided to take a shower to notice that the reconstructed breast with the tissue expander in it was red, hot to the touch and had streaks! I said this is not good! I decided to call my doctor and at 9:00 pm she told me to meet her at her office in 40 minutes! I was in shock! I've never been asked by a doctor to meet them "after hours" so Mitch and I got in the car (mom had Maya) (Leslie had the boys) and we went in to meet her... The 1st thing she said was..."your overdoing it!" I said to myself great here I go with lectures from everybody now.

For ME it is very hard not to do things for myself. I'm so independent that I just take almost everything on without complaining and "do it myself" well I'm paying the price. So she began to "take out" some of the saline that was leaking between my chest wall and the expander. 75 cc's later I was bandaged up as if I had left the hospital and was told to come back tomorrow to see her partner.... After meeting him today he was much more negative and said he was going to have to see me on Christmas Eve & on Christmas! Possible Major Infection= Expander being Removed= SURGERY!




I just can not go threw another surgery! I'm tired, worn out, sore and on top of that the expander would not be a loud back in for 6 months! This is not good.... So I pray I caught this early but time will tell... A culture was done so we will not know til next week... Some Christmas present for me! Fun Times! Fun Times!




Well....I'm still glad the chidren and I did what we did Sunday.... Memories are priceless!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Elizabeth! It just keeps on coming doesn't it? I feel so incredibly bad for you! I will be praying for the best outcome. Keep thinking positive like you do so well AND P L E A S E TAKE IT EASY! You should have called me. I would have loved to come HELP make cookies so you didn't strain yourself. You better call next time dang it!

Okay, enough ranting....I have to say that Maya looks soooooo adorable! Seriously, I just want to eat her up! How can you stand her cutieness???!!! I would have hugged her to death by now and kissed her cheeks right off!

Merry Christmas you guys!!!

Kristen said...

I am praying SO hard that you won't have to have another surgery. We'll just pray you get healed quickly. Miracles happen! But YOU have to do your part. Take it easy Lib. My offer still stands. Let me know if you want me to fly out. I can make it work.

By the way, it's funny that Maya wants to wear warm weather in AZ. I can't get Regan to stop wearing skirts and sandals in the freezing cold. Monday morning it was 13 degrees at 9am when I went to the gym. Regan can't stop dressing like it's summer. What's up with these crazy kids? love ya