Monday, November 17, 2008

The Night Before! And I'm Feeling A Little Love!








The nurse called today. She went over all of my information. I was given instructions about not eating after midnight, pain meds when I get into recovery, blah,blah,blah... I know the drill... I also went into see the Reconstruction Surgeon this afternoon and she drew all over me. As she took her Sharpie and began to mark where the incisions will go I just closed my eyes and could actually in vision how it will all take place. Reality Has Hit! The agony of waiting has come to an end. All will be fine I know. It's just having to wake up knowing that apart of me is gone! In time I will be somewhat put back together again but how weird is it to now that my breast has been removed? I'm not the only one who has to go through this. I keep telling myself. But right now I'm feeling a little sorry for myself! This Sucks! I wonder what it is going to feel like? I wonder if I will get use to the numbness? I wonder if I will get use to this whole thing? Will I adjust quickly? I will soon know soon enough. So for now... I will just have to take it day by day....
Tonight my dear friends Erica & Scott come over. As they were leaving I heard a quiet knock on the door (this was around 10:00pm) I walked outside and this is what I found... Tell me I'm not loved! What amazing friends...They even donated their bras to me!. Melissa, Erica,Jennie Charlene,Sarah,Monda to cool !you are wonderful! I don't know how I got so lucky to have girlfriends like you... This was a good end to a stressful day. I also need to add that My Aunt Joanne flew out on Sunday to take care of my children. What actually happened was my mother fell and broke her leg and messed her ankle up really bad. So I had no idea what I was going to do about "keeping the home going" so last week I got a call from her saying that she was going to come out and help me with my children. Is is not a miracle? I do not know how I would have done any of this with out family and friends. So again.. I feel the love..... So for now I will end this part of my challenge and begin my new one tomorrow...


Love to you all... I will be in touch soon.

4 comments:

Me said...

You are in My Prayers! Phoenix saw me reading this, He & Shae---are full of "loving thoughts" for you and Your sweet kids!

Christy said...

You and your family are in our toughts and prayers. I'll call a little later today and see how everything went. Talk to you soon.

Kristen said...

WE love you so much Lib. We're here for you through whatever may come. I'm so glad you have good friends and a wonderful family! Love ya tons.

jana said...

Thinking of you, and praying for your comfort. I would have given you my bra too, but trust me, you wouldn't want it!