Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1 Week Before Surgery... I Had A MRI....

Today, I had a MRI. This was recommended by my surgeon to check the other breast to make sure their was nothing suspicious that would need to be taken care of while in surgery removing the right breast... I went in thinking nothing of it... It was not at all painful but brutal in having to lay on my belly with both breast hanging in holes and not moving at all for 60 minutes! If I did move the procedure would have to start all over... I was not going to let that happen..So I left my arms in one position until they went numb... The room was so cold I felt like I was in the freezer at Costco! It went well. The tech said that I was excellent at not moving... That's a first seeing that I'm usually ADD and go from one thing to the next in my everyday life... So now that this is over I just have to wait...Til the morning of the 19Th @ 5:30 am... oh so sad.... As I laid in the MRI machine I had lots of time to think (even with the loud noise that this machine makes) and again it was almost like an outer body experience laying there having my breast scanned for cancer and thinking "this is not at all what I had planned!" But do we pick our plans in life? I seem to think we do... but while in the moment we might think... "that is not my plan!" "that's someone else's plan!" Then maybe later we look back and say "Oh! now I see why that happended to me" . Anyway at least I had some alone time even if it was in the MRI machine... WARNING>>>The picture of me is the worst I could really have ever taken but wanted to "capture the "moment" and remember all my steps leading up to "the day". So I snapped a pic with my phone...

Another note: For my friends and family far away or even near by... I want you to know that I am going to be well taken care of.. My church sent around a sign up sheet for dinners, child care, etc. and would you believe that it was filled up before the rest of the ladies could even put their names on to help? What amazing people their are in the world... Willing to help others in need... Isn't this what it is all about? Stepping out of our little world to give to others?
I love you all!








4 comments:

Owen said...

I think I may set up a MRI just for the time to think....alone....with my boobs hanging through holes!! Ahahaha! You have fun on your escapade/eating chocolate covered strawberries all day and night this weekend and we will be here waiting to take care of you when you get back!

sarah said...

To bad the one hour of laying motionless wasn't at the spa - they should have the massaging MRI, so you can actually enjoy the time.
I didn't even see the sign-up list at church. But you better believe I'm going to be stealing your kids, or bringing you food or Dr. Pepper.

Kristen said...

I have to tell ya, I am in tears right now knowing that you'll be taken care of. This is the absolute worse part of living far away from loved ones. It just kills me when things happen to people I love and I can't do anything to help. It's awful knowing I can't be there to help out. It makes me feel better to know others will step in. Look how much you're loved! My kids (and Jeff and I of coarse) are still praying for you daily. Love ya.

Lonni said...

We love you too Liz and so wish we were close and could help. We'll be doing our part with prayers... though.