Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Dreadful Date Is Set! But I Got To Keep Going!

Novemeber 19th I will begin "My Journey" with having my mastectomy and the beginning of reconstruction...This is how the surgery will begin: (I write this not to be so detailed to my readers however, I find this is helpful for me to retain the information given to me and also have something to look back on when I help others in the future)


5:30 am arrival at Banner Gateway Hospital a team of 5 surgeons! (I'm in good hands!)

1. Surgeon Removes the cancer (I'm then somewhat cancer free!)
2. Sentinel Biopsy (remove lymph nodes)

3. Have Pathologist check for cancer in nodes. If cancer... Then surgeons remover 20 more!

4. Reconstruction surgeon comes in... Begins to put my breast back! (somewhat) Drains will be placed in breast and arm (where lymph nodes where taken)

5. Cancer sent to pathologist and treatment plan will be given approx 1 week after surgery.


I pray and am hopeful for a kind of "miracle" that my cancer is contained as much as possible so that my treatment might not be as bad as I'm thinking... I'm not complaining.. Because I know that others have had it a lot worse then me...I'm so thankful that I followed my instinct and was in tuned to my body and knew that "something" did not feel right to me... I'm so thankful for family and friends... I would not have this kind of outlook without them....


So as I write about my experiences I journal this to release some of my feelings which are at times very sad for me. I just have to keep going because of my family and children... Sometimes I wonder why me? Why another challenge in my life? I thought trying to have children for so many years, was my biggest obstacle. This just goes to show life is not just one challenge for each of us it is FULL of MANY challenges which we will have til the end of our life here on earth... Does that make it easier? No not one bit but for me this is how I will get through today and tomorrow... and the next day... and the next!

6 comments:

melissa said...

Libby-You are so amazingly strong! You are always in our thoughts are prayers. I can't wait to see those cute kids in person!

Mom OT said...

You are an amazingly, strong women!!! Cherish the "mini" miracles you receive on the daily basis. I know you will pull through ahead and beat this. My prayers are with you!!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a great plan. WE're still praying and fasting for ya...even Regan. Love the fall pic of the kids with the pumpkins by the way. SOOOOO CUTE! I love you lib!

Lonni said...

I love the new look of your blog... .with your kids giving you the hope and reason to stay positive. We love you and will be pulling and praying for you on this journey.

Amy Sue said...

I'm here for you honey! Anytime you need a break, a chat, a coke anything...you better call me!

You are so strong. I admire the mother I've seen you be to your children. They are so lucky to have you. Your smile is infectious. You are a wonderful woman.

I pray for you always.

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

Think of you often. You have amazing strength. You and Charlene raise the bar. Keep up your positive thinking. Here if you need anything