Monday, October 20, 2008

Had 2nd Opinion...

I went to see a 2ND surgeon today. For some reason I knew I needed to do this. But maybe subconsciously I thought I'd get some totally different diagnosis and be able to really start dealing with this.

Well the doctor was very nice... Great bed side manner.... and he remembered my sweet friend who he had as a patient 1 year ago with the same thing BREAST CANCER... So I thought that was a good thing... However, his "plan of attack" (as Erica would say) is really no different from the 1st surgeon's opinion... So my next step is to see his team of Plastic Surgeons this week and then I believe I will know which doctor to choose. This is somewhat like shopping for shoes! But really not at all fun...

I look to see the surgery be possibly the 2ND or 3rd week of November or maybe sooner.

I just have to say that the ride (as I describe it) is very crazy... I have not even really cried except for the other day. (I was by myself. ) As I was walking to the car I started to cry uncontrollably... I could not stop.. Then I gathered my composure got in the car and drove off as if nothing happened... So this is maybe how I will deal with this challenge in my life... Some emotions at times and the rest denial.


Again, I have an amazing support group... I need to list everyone because when this challenge is behind me I want to remember everyone of you who has prayed for me...called me... emailed me...brought me dinner....watched my children....and many more things that I know will come... So again Here's to you all who I love with all my heart.


My Husband Mitch you sweet man!

My Mother, Father, Sister Leslie, Brothers Clay, Justin, Matthew,

Sister In law's Maria, Denise, Melissa, Brother In Law Nick, Aunt Joanne, Uncle Jim, Cousins Robin & Butch, David, Holly, Scott.Christy L., Sheri C.,

Dearest Friends: Kristen D. Diane D., Dana S., Rae H., Kim W., Stacey O., Pris M., Jeannie J., Emily S., Angie K., Melissa & Trevor D., Phil & Krista H., Erica & Scott B., Charlene H., Shari O., Stephanie F., Rochelle R., Shanon B., Sarah R.,Kirstin M., Marcy F., Vonda G., Laura K., Lonni B., Monda C., Jessica S., Jana Y., Amy & Chris C., My Bishop, Matt B., Lindsey J., Gina K., Jennie S., Debbie H., Nancy & Scott G., ....

If I have forgotten anyone I will just add later!

PS... On a funny note... I came home the other day from a doctors appointment and Ethen my 6 year old said and I quote " Mom, your breast look great! The doctor did a great job"... I just had to laugh and realize little ones really do not know everything that is going on but they sure know how to make you laugh...

6 comments:

Bumm crew said...

Hey,I'm open to babysit anytime you need. I'm home all day,might as well do some service! Bobbie

Lonni said...

I was choking up reading your post and so wishing I lived close so I could bring you dinner or watch your cute kids. Thanks for the final comment about how great your breasts look-- that made my day and made me realize all will be okay. Hang in there my dear--- you have a lot of prayer power behind you!

Christy said...

Please promise to call when the boys need to come to Florence and play. we'll hop on over and pick them up. You are in our thoughts and prayers. How is your mom doing, by the way? Click on my name and it will take you to my blog. Talk to you soon. Hang in there.

Kristen said...

You know, it's okay to cry sometimes. You're going through a lot. I wish I was there to be with you through all the appointments and surgery. Then I would take you to get a big Diet Dr. Pepper and eat at Krazy Sub and watch a funny movie and get pedicures. Should I book my flight now? I love what Ethen said. That's why we have kids...to bring us some happiness when life is hard. Love ya.

jana said...

I love how you compare it to shoes. You are truly amazing Elizabeth. What a trooper.

ps. you're allowed to cry...no one would think less.

Owen said...

Good grief!! I cried so you better at least have one mini breakdown on your way to the car!! I'm with Ethen. Your breasts look great!