Friday, October 10, 2008

Update on Me!




Well, I went to see 2 doctors yesterday. The first one was with the onocologist. The reason for this visit was to see what the doctors thoughts were on treatment for me. Because the lymph nodes have to be taken out she will not know yet what treatement will be best for me. It was good to meet her and understand what is all involved. She also gave her opinion on what type of surgery I should have.. So this was a good thing! Her opinion.... A Mastecomy... Sigh....

The Second doctor was the actual surgeon. We went over the type of cancer I have. So here it is. It is called DCIS which is cancer in the ducts of the breast. It usually can stay contained if caught really really early... I did catch it really early but some of it decided to "escape" the cancer cells were tired of living in the ducts! So this means once Surgey is performed to "remove my breast" I will know the extent of the cancer. (This is when the treatment plan will begin)

The funny thing about this is I want a plan.
I want to know how to get this cancer out of me!
But their are lots of options.... Remove 1 breast, 2 breast, partical breast, and many more that I will not even consider. It still fills my head with a bunch of decisions to the point that I feel overwhelmed. Right now I have no decision. I have decided to get a 2nd opinion and hopefully this will help me with what to do with my situation and when this will all begin...

Cancer.... I knew it was a bad thing but I never realized what else it does to a person...
1. It puts your life on hold!
2. It makes you depend on others
3. It makes you have to make lots of decisions


I'm going to try and make this a learning experience but I also know this has some emotional rollercoasters with it as well. The journey has not even begun yet but I will try to make everyday worth living...to be happy for what I have .... and to know that I will be taken care of no matter what decision I make for myself.

So let the ride begin!

Elizabeth

11 comments:

Owen said...

We'll be on the ride right behind you.

Christy said...

Hang in there. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Have you gone to the temple yet. I'll go with you if you want????

Melissa and Trevor said...

I am so glad you have started to blog about this...you know we are here to help and will take your kids anytime. I miss Maya! I had so much fun playing with her!

Kristen said...

Oh the decisions you have to make that you never thought you'd have to make. What fun! Love you more than you'll ever know.

jana said...

Girl, you've got a motley crew behind you.... Whatever you decide, we'll be here for you!

Mom OT said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing women!!! You can conquer anything!!! Even Cancer!!!

Amy Sue said...

I love you lady! I'm with Erica and everyone else...we're here to ride the ride with you!

Me said...

Oh! I wish I could do more than pray for you! We miss your cute family! I know you have an important journey~ Take all the support that is there for you!I miss the wonderful group of people we have left!! I learn from you STRONG GIRLS everytime I read!

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

I'm tall enough to ride all the rides so count me in. Here whenever you need me.

Stephanie said...

I'm sure the not knowing right now is awful! We're praying for you -- let us know what the surgeons have to say!

Krista said...

Our family is thinking about you constantly! Let us know when we can kidnap your cute kids. We are here for you guys!! Much love and prayers--- Krista (and family)