Monday, October 6, 2008

October... Cancer Awareness Month!


Well how convenient! October is Cancer Awareness Month and with that said.... I have just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer....
So Ladies!!!! ****Have a Mammogram!!! ****

I mentioned to my doctor that I felt a little tenderness in one breast he said it was probably fibrocystic and if I wanted I could have mamo... I'm only 37 what do I have to loose? Heck! my insurance pays for ONE Baseline Mamo before age 40 so why not? I HAD NO LUMPS, BUMPS, Nothing, etc,,,etc,,,
  • Well a few weeks later I decided to go do it and thought nothing of it. 1 week later I got the call they found microcalfications which looked highly maligant. What? Microcalfications! Maligant! Many people say microcalifications are nothing to worry about so I did'nt.
  • Another week later I met with a surgeon and before I knew it I had a scheduled sterotaticbiopsy. STAT!
  • Results: Cancer, some contained and some not! Which means it has spread and I will have to have surgery and possible treatment.
Again I can not believe this... I guess you could say I'm some what in denial but I guess this is how I can keep a positive attitude since my life will be on hold for a while. Mixed feelings flowing threw my mind.. My children, My Husband, what in the world!!!! Life can be so challenging. Never Ending...
I will keep you posted on my prognoses... Thank You Friends for your wonderful support. E-mails, phone calls are what keeps me happy!
Elizabeth

6 comments:

Candice said...

Well, I guess the one positive thing that I can say is that you have many friends ready and willing to fight along with you. With the energy and great laugh you have, this cancer doesn't have a chance!!! :) You and your family are in my prayers!!!

Owen said...

Like I told you before, we won't thank the Lord that you have cancer, but we will say a prayer of thanks that you caught it so early. You are an amazing woman and when you are feeling low, know that you have so many friends that are here to lift you and fight along side with you. This October's Cancer awareness month marks the one year anniversary of my sister in law discovering her breast cancer. One year later she is well and strong. We love you and you will continue to be in our prayers.

Charlene said...

You know you have me in your corner, as well as so many others. I am so glad that you have called me to ask me questions/recommendations/advice. I will do whatever I can to help you fight this battle.

It won't be easy, but I can honestly say I am grateful for how my cancer journey has changed me. I don't think this change could have happened any other way. We are constantly reminded of how precious life is and how we should take advantage of the time that we DO have to make a difference in others' lives...especially in our families.

Love ya,
Charlene

Kristen said...

We all love ya Lib! You always amaze me with the positive attitude and strength that you have. If anyone can beat this, you can!

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

Thinking and praying about you. You have a great outlook, tremendous strength, strong faith and dozens of supporters. We are there for you every step of the way. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING !!!!

jana said...

Love your strength and your sense of humor Elizabeth. Your a fighter and we are right along with you. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Love your guts!!