Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Doing Better!

I'd be lying if I said "Everything is okay" because it's not. It is getting easier everyday to see and dress the area that was so badly burnt! The 1st day I had to take off the wraps I almost lost my breath! Seriously it was really hard to see what has happened to my partical reconstructed breast. I will have to say when I had the expander in it wasn't the best but it was something. At least it filled my bathing suits! Now to be very detailed...The stretched skin that I did get from the expander literally has sunk into my chest wall. Very hard to look at. It's not like a breast has been removed and your completly flat. Because the breast tissue was dug out so deep I can somewhat feel my chest muscle when I sit in a chair. Their is no cushion!



I am getting braver to dress the womb and my sweet husband helps me when I had such a hard time looking....



I did have to see the doctor yesterday because I have a small hole that is not closed. I got scared and called immediately. She said that when my skin softens that this will close. But the bottom line is that this is radiated skin that does not want to heal!



So the next step is to try and start this Oxygen Therapy. I dread it. It will be every day for 2 1/2 hours. Not going to be fun at all! I'll save this for another day.



So again I say "I'm doing better". It's funny how when things seem so bad that in time you begin to except what it is! I'm beginning to just deal with this set back and realize that this is part of life. I might not know why this has happened but maybe someday I will. I need to keep remembering that the Lord has perserved my life. So Life Is Good!
Love you my friends!

2 comments:

Owen said...

You always amaze me with your wise insight and peppy attitude!

Christy said...

Glad to hear you're doing better, can't wait to hear when you're doing great. You'll have to tell me sometime how Grandma's visit went. Take care, you and the family are in our thoughts and prayers.