Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Starting "The Pill"


Tomorrow I will start Tamoxifen. This drug will be taken 2x's per day for 5 years! Besides the many side effects I might have it will be a constant reminder that cancer is going to be part of my life for a long time. Sometimes when I think about it I'm thankful that I am done with treatment and ONLY have to take one tiny white pill. I am in awe that a tiny white pill can do so much to supress this cancer and improve the survivability rates of so many women. I know that it is saving my life and I'm grateful that if I had to have cancer, I had it at this time when this particular drug is available to women with my diagnosis. So need I complain about starting
"The Pill?" No not at all.... I will keep you posted on the dreaded side effects
(1 being menopause. It's bad enough the boobs have to be taken but early menopause? Oh Man!!!!) to be Continued....

No comments: