Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Will LIFE Ever Be The Same?


I have to say that on a daily basis I think of me getting cancer and wonder how it happened and if I am Strong enough to keep going... I know that without my family and friends I would have a completely different view and attitude about this cancer stuff and might not be so positive!


I will say there are many days of feeling so stressed I can not think. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if life could just be NORMAL again. I wish I could just go and do and be free like I used to be. Go exercise without pain, go shopping without becoming fatigued... Now my life revolves around doctor's visits to expand my breast which is so painful I almost begin to hurt even before I get into the room (and I have a HIGH Tolerance for pain) and terrible chemo days "non processing days and "tired days". Someday I want to get to where I'm not so dependant on everyone. I am amazed at the way people in my life take my children into their home and treat them as if they are their own! This is not the norm in "real" life... People do not always shown this much kindness and love. I have such a unique situation. My family and friends(Near and Far) are always lifting me up in letters, phone calls, emails and text messages that I often re read the messages just to lift my spirits. So as I'm dealing with the reality of Life I know it will go back to normal but I just don't think it Will Ever Be The Same! How can it? To much happiness and sadness at the same time has come into it.... A memory never to be forgotten.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't even imagine how difficult all this is for you. I know it's just killing you to not be yourself. I hope things get back to "normal" for you soon! Love ya.

D and T and the 3Killer Bees said...

Hey Elizabeth,
Hope this finds you feeling better. Because of you I am now a blogger. fullmerfamilyfun.blogspot.com
I worry about you so much and you are constantly in our prayers. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I am here for you, just a little ways away. We love you.

Stacey said...

Elizabeth- you are so awesome! Some day things will get back to "normal"-- just "normal" with a different perspective!