Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Boys SCORED!

Drake is smiling the whole time he is playing! Just too cute!



























Saturday was the boys 1st soccer game of the season... I was not able to go because I didn't have much energy but I was able to get them ready and take some pictures my friend's son was on the other team so she also took pictures of Drake playing in the game... This is Drake's first time playing and would you believe he was the star of the team! Mitch said he got knocked down by some bigger players and just got right up and finished playing... Of course I have to brag and say He Did Score!
This is Ethen's 5th season and he is a pro! He was able to tie the game with a goal! I'm so proud of those boys... They have been so strong with me being so sick. Drake was not upset one bit that I did not go... He just understands.
I love my boys! Even though I can not give them 100% attention I do adore them... This is what I have come to realize...

When chemo is in my body It's hard to even give them a hug... Everything gets to me. Noise is taken to another level and my energy is drained. I don't even want to say "hey guys lets go to McDonald's!" I just don't have it in me. I know I'll get it back but when I'm in the "moment" I just have no desire to be around them.... Please kids understand it's just not me! I'll be back soon! I sound ungrateful I know but it is just hard to explain. So thanks for letting me vent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little soccer players! I am glad they are doing so well. I love the pictures in the grass from the previous post! Cute! Cute! Hang in there.

The Greer Family said...

Hey Elizabeth! Your blog is great, I am just reading it for the first time. I'm excited to stay up to date with what you and your cute family are doing. I'm going to add you guys to our friends list on our blog. Hope that's okay :)

Stephanie Greer