Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taking in 100% Oxygen!


This is my 9th time doing the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. I can say I'm just now getting use to it.... The 1st day I didn't think I would last! It takes about 3 hours once I arrive at the hospital and approx 2hours 25 Min's in the Oxygen Chamber! I'm beginning to see a little improvement in the skin where it was radiated and so badly burned. My plastic surgeon saw me today and would like for me to complete 10 more sessions. Oh Man! This is no fun. Everyday I get up and have to drop off my kids somewhere and then I head to the hospital. My day is gone before I know it! My hopes are that my skin will respond and soak up 100% of this pure oxygen that is given to me. It is suppose to bring blood supply to the areas that no longer have enough for healing... So with that said I'm still not out of the daily doctor grin yet! I will meet with my Radiologist in a few weeks, have a PET scan in August and hopefully reconstruction by the end of the year. The daily tamoxifen I'm taking hasn't had to much side effects on me. Except I feel like I'm a 60 year old women who went through menopause (if you know what I mean) Not fun! But what else do you do? Everyday I wonder what would happen if I didn't take that tiny white pill but then I realize that this is not a question for me to be asking. So tomorrows another day same thing as today just one step closer to healing....Love to all of you...

3 comments:

Owen said...

All I have to say is that you look FABULOUS!!! Scott and I could not quit saying over and over how amazing you looked and how you seemed 100% yourself again!! Soooo good to catch up and laugh with you guys again! I'm just a phone call away if you need help with your kids (I'm not as conveniently located, but still here)!!

Anonymous said...

One step at a time. You can do one step at a time. Love you!

Em said...

When you said oxygen treatments , I just envisioned a little tube on your nose! Wow!!!!! This is big time stuff!

Thanks for sharing your challenge. I have learned soooo much about chemo and radiation from your blog and it gives me a better understanding of the whole process.

Love,
E