Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Quickly I Forget!

Lately I have been thinking about how "normal" my life is becoming. ( Not completely) but it is getting there! I can get up in the mornings get the kids ready for the day, work a little, exercise and even cook! All these things I seriously could not do for MONTHS! 7 to be exact.

I've gotten into my own world again and have already forgotten how lucky I am to have the desire to even wake up. I said to myself the other day "How Quickly I forget" about the things I couldn't do. I tried to think about how sick I was. I've tried to remember what things tasted like during chemo. I tried to remember how my soul was gone and I wasn't at all myself. I really have forgotten a lot of this! Now don't get me wrong I do remember some things and believe I will never forget the trauma of doctors, surgery, shots and the chemo that was put into my veins and would immediately make me sick!! However, it is almost like a blur! So maybe this is a good thing! Maybe this is what will help me heal and become a stronger person. Isn't it funny when things are going good or we are in a "normal schedule " where our lives feel calm we can't even fathom the dysfunction or hardships that can come. "How Quickly We Forget" I pray everyday I can be indebted to my life and remember how lucky I am to just have a normal schedule or the desire to even be around my children.

Just a little update! Hair coming in well....Oxygen Therapy almost finished healing great! Waiting to see when reconstruction will take place.

Again Love to you ALL... I think of all of you often.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normalcy, what a great thing! :)

Christine said...

Elizabeth, I'm so happy to hear things are getting back to normal for you! You certainly deserve a peaceful, happy, NORMAL life again. Enjoy it woman!

melissa said...

So good to hear! We do take so much for granted sometimes. Enjoy your cute kids and give them hugs and kisses from me!

Lonni said...

It's so good to hear that some of the pain and trials get softened with time. You know you are my inspiration.

Owen said...

You are a BABE!