Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Not Genetic!


Several weeks ago I had a genetic test done to see if this is why I got breast cancer. If it was positive statically I would have a higher chance of the cancer reoccurring somewhere else or back in the breast! I'm pleased to say the test came out negative! What a blessing! I was so scared because I just had a slight feeling that my results were going to be positive. It is amazing how far research has come. There are 2 genes they test for BRCA 1 and BRCA 2. Mutations in these genes cause in most cases hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. So it was a good day for me. Positive things do happen in times of trials and challenges!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay Elizabeth! So happy to hear the great news. Hopefully that gives you some relief. How are you feeling after your first week of radiation now?

Owen said...

SOOO happy for you! Hope that put a HUGE smile on your face!

Christine said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! You ABSOLUTELY deserve some good news!!!

Stacey said...

That is soooo GREAT!!!

melissa said...

That's such great news! Hope you're feeling ok. We love you!

Kristen said...

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Mom OT said...

Great News!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is some wonderful news. I hope everything else is going well too!