Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Results of Radiation is starting to show!

I thought I would breeze by with Radiation but now that 3 weeks have passed I'm begining to see what it does to your skin! My chest where the expander is to strech the tissue for a new breast looks like I've been sunburned... It iches and is very sore to the touch...This is expected according to my doctor. Its normal for some people to have these reactions.

Going everyday gets real old but I need to keep remembering that I have to do this in hopes that the cancer will be competly gone! Lately I've been saying to myself "you actually have/had cancer! Have I been in denial that this has happened to me? Life for me has been put on hold and I sure hate it. I feel like I just exist! What a terrible way to live. If I've learned anything with this experience it is to be patient. I just want everything to be back to normal at least my normal crazy life and that is not the case. Even though Radiation will be done in 3 1/2 weeks I still have to go through reconstruction. SIGH>>>SIGH>>>See I'm not patient! I want it all done NOW!

On the positive side I'm getting my energy back and I'm taking kids to school which I have not done in 6 months.. So that is good.

For now I will try my hardest just to be patient.. It is a learned behavior~!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry you have to learn patience that hard way. That stinks. Yay to getting energy back though! Yippee! Hope you and Mitch feel better

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you can drive your kids to school! There are so many things that I know I should be grateful that I can do. Still praying for you!