Monday, April 20, 2009

Radiation Not To Bad!

Today I started my 1st Radiation Treatment (only 32 more to go) I can tell this is going to get old doing this every day til June but I have no choice! I got all marked up with a Sharpie Pen! This was to make sure all the measurements were precise when radiating the breast. Afterward they put several permanent ink marks the size of a freckle so they know everyday where to position the machine. So I guess I have dot to dot tattoo's on my chest for the rest of my life! It's not that bad It just took me by surprise when they said "okay we have to make a permanent marking on you in several places" If felt like a finger prick s0 no pain! I can tell I feel a little drained today as if maybe I was out in the sun all day and just feel sleepy... But I got to keep going with these 3 kids that never stop!

As I laid on the radiation table I just thought... I am blessed to be alive! I am blessed to have the love and support from everyone all over. From back East to Arizona... I could not keep the positive thoughts if it wasn't for all of you. I try very hard to remember what is important in life and it sure has put a different perspective on why we are here on this earth and what we need to do to be better people! I hope as I get better I will continue to remember this and be humbled by this experience.


Tomorrow is day 2 of Radiation and I got to just keep on going!




3 comments:

Owen said...

We are so proud of you! Keep pluggin along!! You are a brave warrior my friend.

Anonymous said...

One less than you had yesterday! Way to fight!

Kristen said...

My friend Cheri told me that the first 2-3 times of radiation is the longest. After that it goes quickly. You're on the down hill of the climb! Thank you for reminding me that I need to focus on what's important in life! Wish I could be there with you! I LOVE YOU!