Friday, April 3, 2009

6th Round... Done!

My dearsest friend gave this picture to me after picking me up from my last Chemo! What a sweet thing to do for me... Sure made me feel special!





I can not believe I get to write this! Done. Done. Done. with this part of the treatment plan.



In 3 weeks I will begin Radiation. That will last about 7 weeks everyday. The doctor said today that I can expect the chemo to hang around for 3 months with depression, being tired, lack of interest all the things I have been experiencing. However, in 10 days or so I should not be so sick! That is tough because your helpless. Such mixed emotions with all of this... I think my reality of what I've gone through has just hit and for that the depression has set in... I hate that I don't look a bit myself...The stress and constant sickness has finally gotten to me! I know this will pass but it sure is hard when you "in the moment". I need to be grateful that I was able to catch this darn cancer when I did. I might be writing some much sadder things which is not what I'd ever want to be doing.
I feel lately I have not much to say. I know that this journey will not end until I'm put back together after reconstruction. Maybe then I will feel this part of my life is done. I just hope and pray I will begin to be myself... Wanting to be with my children, wanting to make dinner, wanting to do things with people, wanting to just live a happier life! This will happen I know. For now I'm just expressing a little "lows" in my world. It could be worse I know! So I need to get back to being me! This was good to vent... IT WILL GET BETTER!

5 comments:

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

Elizabeth, you are doing AMAZINGLY well and I am so excited for you to be DONE with chemo! That is a HUGE accomplishment.

I'm so glad that you call me when you have questions. I felt many of the same feelings you're feeling right now and I can truly say...it will get better.

Love ya girl!
:) Charlene

Stacey said...

You are doing so great! I am so happy for you... chemo done!!!!! YEAH!

Kristen said...

YOU"RE DONE!!!!!! Yippee!! The huge, yucky part of it is OVER! I know you're going through a hard time. I wish I could make it all go away. BUT I PROMISE, one day, you'll feel normal again. And when you do, you'll realize how amazingly strong you are and what you've beaten and be SO proud of yourself. It will pass! We're all so amazed by you! LOVE YOU!

Lonni said...

Congratulations on finishing up the Chemo with spirit, class and grace!!! You do have so much to say. We hang on every word of your journey.
By the way, I had a dream last night-- that I was sick in bed and you-- the healthy one-- was taking care of me!!! Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo for the 6th round finish! Thinking of you!