Monday, March 30, 2009

Met with Radiation Doctor

Today I met with the Radiation Doctor which helped me understand the type of cancer that I have and why I need to have Radiation. Statically if I chose not to have Radiation I might have a 60% Chance of it reoccurring. By having Radiation I lower my chances to 10%... This is going to zap any cancer cells "hanging out" in the tissue that might have been left behind~ I did however have a Genetic Test to see if this is something that I was genetically predisposed with. If the genetic test comes back positive I have other decisions to make regarding my female stuff and might have to say goodbye to the ole female organs. The doctor said that if the genetic test is positive I have a chance of cancer going to the uterus or ovaries so this will be a sit and wait for a few weeks to see what it is all about. This information got me a little down thinking "could I have other issues to deal with?" I was hoping for an end. But I'm not going to dwell on this for now I have only 1 more treatment and I need to FOCUS on the end of this process!



The Radiation doctor would like for me to have treatments for 6 1/2 weeks everyday! That means Monday- Friday 30 days total! I do believe I can handle this any day over chemo treatment (which is this Friday I'm already getting sick just thinking about it)



Any ways the Journey continues but at least I'm not going to be sick just tired which I'm already use to so I wont know the difference...



Thats it for now... Until Friday... Love to you all!

4 comments:

Owen said...

I wish we all could give you just a sprinkle of strength and it would help carry you through the next couple of months. You have been such a great example of determination, courage, strength and toughness through this to all of us. You continue to be in our prayers daily.

Kristen said...

Only 1 more Lib! You can do it. I know it totally sucks, but you have amazing strength. It will hopefully a cake walk after this. You continue to bless us all by your example. Thank you for that. And, you know I'm always here for ya through good and bad. Whenever your down, just pick up the phone! We always put your name on the prayer roll too. We'll continue to do that for ya. Love you tons and tons and tons!

Christine said...

Elizabeth! You are almost there! You've been so unbelievably strong and inspirational through this whole process. Even when you think you are having moments of weakness, your not. You have no idea how amazing you are!

Anonymous said...

You got this girl. You got this! Love to you always!