Monday, April 19, 2010

Surgery # 8

Crazy to think I've been "under the knife" 8 times since this whole Cancer Journey began. This will be a less painful surgery (I hope). I say that because no back muscle is being removed and moved to the front this time. This is called a "debulking" surgery. She is cutting the extra bulky skin out that was moved to the front from the 1st surgery. It's extra skin I don't need. It's a huge puffy area underneath my arm pit half way to the front of my breast. She is going to "round" it out some. She is also lipoing the fat under there and transferring it to areas that have caved in. (I sure wish my insurance would cover lipo in other areas! )I still describe it like a pumpkin being carved out. As a pumpkin gets old it begins to cave in. This is what has happened to me (GOTTA LOVE WHAT RADIATION DOES TO OUR SKIN). So shes trying to fix it and make it look as close to a boob as it can be. 3 hour surgery not so bad! I will post my recovery soon.

Wish me luck on Thursday!!!

No comments: