Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE REALITY IS...

I'm doing well, when I awoke I felt like I was hit by a truck!



Dr. Boll feels like the surgery was a success! I know that from what It did look like after the sever burn from radiation that she had a lot to fix. As my good friend describes... "another chop job until she gets it perfect". But the reality is it will never be perfect. I know that but subconsciously when I take off the bandages I'm hoping for something that looks normal and it wont ever be! I shouldn't complain. I've got hair, I've got my brain back, my humor, my will to do things but when I undress, shower, and find clothes to cover up the imperfections it will always be a reminder that I had cancer and that's whats sad. So for now I'll recover again, heal and then have another surgery possibly in July. Gotta get it all done before my insurance is tired of me! :)

BUT over all I'm good. I'm use to pain and so 3 days recovering was all I needed. Back to normal with kids, work, and everything else a mom does.

Next thing on the list an MRI... I'm very positive all is well but still nervous of the unknown

Til then, Kisses


2 comments:

melissa said...

So glad all is well! We've been thinking of you.

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this Lib. It's really not fair. You and I can have some awesome cancer scars! Too bad yours was WAY worse. That just stinks. Love you tons. Wish I was there with you