Wednesday, April 7, 2010

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO VENT!



OKAY...My husband Mitch is self-employed. We have small business insurance and with that you can imagine what my insurance payments and doctor bills have been for the last 2 years. So now we are up for renewal and can I say... our premium went up 50% because I had cancer!!! This is discrimination! I didn't ask for this! I pay a monthly premium each month not including total out of pocket costs! Now I'm stuck! No insurance will pick me up for 10 years because I was the chosen one to have this disease! I have no choice but to keep my current insurance and pay the price! This is robbery!!!! Not fare!!! I want to CRY!!!!!

3 comments:

Owen said...

NOT FAIR AT ALL. I'm angry right along with you. I am so sorry. Makes you want to swear....alot.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear that. Health care insurance cost are horrible but if you have had continual health coverage no insurance company can refuse to cover the cancer as a preexisting condition. If coverage lapses then they can refuse to cover it. They can increase your premiums but can not refuse coverage.

Christine said...

Talk about pouring salt in old wounds, huh? That's just wrong! I'm so sorry.