Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DAY 3 Will I Do This Again?

Here I am on the home stretch.  About 4 more miles to go.  It was getting cold and rainy.  I was tired and could not wait to finish.  I just kept relating this final 4 miles to my final Chemo.  Bitter Sweet.  I knew it was important to finish what I started but at the same time wanted to stop right then and there!  I found myself walking slower and slower. My feet began to feel hot spots which = blisters.
 During those last few miles walking I thought back to the day I had my mastectomy and was told that the cancer had spread to 5 lymph nodes and that Chemo & Radiation was necessary.  My whole world changed in that moment.  I never thought I'd be fighting this fight 3 years later but walking 60 miles instead.  NEVER SAY NEVER!
This lady was at every cheering station.  Starting on the 1st day. The supporters really help keep walkers staying motivated...

In the end this experience was like no other.  Words can not describe the feelings I had during those 3 days on my feet from  6am to 6pm.

Here is what I do know and will never forget!

-There were many survivors just like me! Who were there to help make a difference
-Witnessing the dedication of the walkers
-Walking with 2 great friends who I love and adore
-Walking in at the closing ceremony as a survivor and completing the 60 miles was an amazing feeling
-The other walkers cheered us on and then honored us with taking off one shoe! An incredible site to see
  very emotional for me
-San Diego community support -was incredible! The amount of people taking 3 days to follow (walker stalkers) us and cheer us on as we are walking  showed such dedication and made me feel so appreciated
-It is an amazing feeling to know that so many people are fighting the fight together
And now for the exciting news!
San Diego Raised over 9 million dollars for 2011
My team raised over 7,000 dollars
I personally raised over 2,600 dollars

So will I do this again?
I'm Not Sure Yet
I'll make that decision after my feet heal.
Love to all my friends!
Thank you for the donations and support

The End


1 comment:

The Greer Family said...

Great job! I am so proud of you! Love you!