Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Discovering Strength and Agility...

I've been working out my arm and back off and on for almost 10 months. Doing my own stretches, taking classes etc. Today when I started stretching and doing sit ups I was amazed how within 1 year Ive gained back most of my strength and agility. It will never be a 100% but I'll take what I have.





If you look closely you can see where they dug the breast tissue so deep that I have a huge sunken in arm pit. I have to say the sensation to clean or shave under there feels so weird I always dread doing that morning chore. (Maya was doctoring on me while I was doing some sit ups see the stethoscope?) I'm able to straighten out my arm completely while laying down without any hesitation or resistance. When they took my back muscle I lost so much strength and flexibility that stretching my arm was impossible. All I have to say is I never thought I'd come this far.
Originally I didn't choose to have Latissimus Dorsi Flap surgery (the latissimus dorsi muscle is the most powerful muscle of the back). Who would? It's invasive and has a long recovery but I really wanted to make it right and feel put together again. This was my only option because of the sever radiation burn. All I have to say is TiMe has healed me. Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and high tolerance for pain to get through it.




I have to push myself to do these exercises though. Push Ups are KiLLeR!



My doctor said If I didn't do Pilate's or some type of exercise I would loose my strength and agility.




When times are tough it does get better I'm proof of it!

xoxo
























No comments: