Friday, February 4, 2011

I use to Think...




I don’t like to rehash what it was like during my chemo treatments but I remember when I would lay in the guest bedroom with the door shut hoping I could just sleep and not have to "think" but with the all chemicals in my body it caused a lot of insomnia. One day I was lying in bed thinking I should start putting all my Christmas photos that were sent to me (that I saved and put in a drawer) in an album. But at that time I had no will power or desire to do something like that. It's amazing how "time" really heals things. This week I went through all my Christmas photos I've had for YEARS and put them in photo albums. That album is sitting in a room for me to always look at. These photos mean a lot to me. They are the friends and family that took care of me when I was in a dark place for many months. So glad that dark place has lifted.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

sGreat idea about the Christmas cards. I usually put mine on some cardstock and put them up on my bulletin board in my kitchen to look at all year. I guess now I'll take them and put them into books when I"m done. Fabulous! Love you're survivor shirt btw. :)