Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10-10-10 Race for the Cure

This year I decided to do the Race with my sister. My family came along for support. It was a blast. I was a little emotional (on a personal note) because 2 years ago I was told I had Breast Cancer and I never thought this Journey would bring me to where I am today.

Seriously can you believe I did a 5K? What an amazing feeling it was.


My sister and I before the Race (Thanks Leslie for getting up so early to do this)


While I was running these cheerleaders asked if they could get a picture with Maya Girl. Too Cute! They loved her! Who wouldn't?


Here is my Guy...
Mitch and I both agree this was a Bitter Sweet Experience. Last year Mitch could not walk from a serious leg injury and I was about to begin my painful reconstruction surgeries and had just finished Radiation/Burn therapy. Memories I don't want to relive BUT at the same time a life learning experience



I am A survivor! Feels good to say that...
(Drake in the corner of the pic)



Mitch my Co-Survivor....I just don't think people realize what the co -SURVIVOR GOES THROUGH.
Mitch is a man of few words but I know this broke him to the core. He is a stronger individual for having this challenge but it will never take away the hurt he had for me.
I love you all
I Love your support
I Love how much you care
PeAcE~







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.