Thursday, November 5, 2009

NEW ONCOLOGIST

I mentioned before that their were several things I felt were not a 100% with me after meeting with my oncologist last month. So I did a lot of sole searching and felt in my heart I needed to follow through with a 2nd opinion about the places seen on my kidney, my tamoxifen I'm taking for 5 dreadful years and several other medications that I'm taking that might be interfering with my med's (for example... my Happy Pill!)

Any ways, I met with a women Oncologist who was referred to me by my dearest friends and oh how grateful I am for this! This Doctor was an angel sent from heaven. She went over everything I have gone through, reviewed my medications, talked about all the side effects Chemo does to a person for years after treatment and what the tamoxifen can do to Pre menopausal women. The answers were pretty much what I thought but what reassurance it was and to have someone really listen to what I was concerned about.

So for now unless I want my ovaries and uterus taken I will have to continue with tamoxifen and deal with the side effects I am experiencing. So sad I have to work out almost 7 days a week just to maintain my weight for now. The weight gain and irritability is the worst. There are other side effects but I just wont discuss!!!!


What a connection I had with this doctor. The funny thing is after talking with her we found out she was from Roanoke VA (where my parents are from) and she grew up and went to school there. I knew there was something eastern about her!Check Spelling

So for now I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Several test to do this month and then I will review results with her in December. The next thing to come is... The beginning of reconstruction. Ugh! Mixed feelings about this. I want to move on but don't want to endure the pain again. I'm tired of looking at a sunken in chest with my arm pit dug out like a pumpkin! So it's time to begin again. I don't mean to complain I know how lucky I am and I'll continue to say that....

Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

I'm so glad you had a good experience with Dr Obenchain!