Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hey Everyone! Maya's Learned Two New Things!









1st one: Is to Take off her pants in Chick fil-A.... I got up to refill my 32 oz Diet Dr. Pepper and left her at the table with my mom... Well when I got back my mother said Maya just handed me her pants! Of course I had my Nikon Coolpix with me and snapped away! I was so proud that she could do this! Even if it was in public... It did not matter to me... This is a mile stone for her to balance herself... while lifting each leg... and taking off her pants...








2ND: As many of you might know Maya has been working with her Physical Therapist for 5 months now to learn to walk and become stronger in her upper body... Of course when her PT comes to visit she will not participate. However, she is starting to have a better attitude about this. This week she has been standing by herself without assistance.. Tonight she just started to walk across the playroom floor.. I could not believe it so I ran got my camera and began to record. This is amazing for her. If you notice she even turned herself around. Her PT will be so proud.. I just know shes not going to do this at her next appointment so I have proof to show her that she really did it!


10 comments:

Owen said...

I have a little tear!! That is so awesome she took her pants off in public! JK! That is just plain hilarious! But seeing her walk to Mitch was so AWESOME!!! How exciting! I love that you video'd it since she won't participate with her therapist!! YAY MAYA! She will be a much better wrestler against her brothers now!

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Yay! That's really awesome!

Amy Sue said...

I so have tears too! I'm so excited for her (and you guys too)!

Thanks for sharing.

melissa said...

Wow-that's so awesome! Way to go Maya!

Kristen said...

I am so happy for you all. YEAH MAYA! We knew she would get there. Doesn't she look so cute?

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

Great Job Maya!!! You've made your mom and dad very happy !!

laurakrummenacher said...

Hey you! I just saw your name on Kristen's blog and found your cute blog. So fun to see your cute kids! Yeah Maya! What an adorable girl!

Em said...

I, too, have tears of joy in my eyes.

Christy said...

Before you know it she'll be running and you'll hve trouble keeping up with her. Tell everyone Hi. Are you guys coming down to see Grandma anytime soon??? Chase is asking for Ethen.

jana said...

I have goose bumps from head to toe. What a sweet heart. I could just squish her all the live long day. Great news!!