Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 2 at Phoenix Children's Hospital





Long Night! She had a hard time with moving in bed to get comfortable. Lots of doctors coming in to check on her which kept her sleep broken. She met with the PT today and she tried her hardest to get the courage to move to a wagon and be taken around the 6th floor. Her spirits started to change after she was out of her room. She began to talk more and actually ask me questions. I really believe that their was a part of her today that thought she was going to be in the hospital bed forever. I came into the room from talking with the nurse this morning and found her favorite blanket over her head crying her eyes out. She said she didn't hurt. I think she truly was sad. So tonight Maya was moved out of ICU and is trying to cooperate and take some of her meds orally. Morphine tends to cause other issues and the doctors want her to try and move or sit up and they feel Tylenol will allow her to be a little more alert. Lets just say that is not working.... So for now she is good, I am good and again Thank You friends for all your loving support.

2 comments:

Lonni Leavitt-Barker said...

I have been thinking about you non-stop the past few days. Now I know why. Maya is one strong little girl. I worry about you though. I think this is so incredibly hard on the moms. Near impossible. But we already know you are a warrior mom. Sure wish I was there to give you a hug, a shoulder, a listening ear. I love your sweet family and will keep my prayers coming!

melissa said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile, and then it occured to me today that maybe you would be writing about how Maya's doing, I'm so glad I checked! I can't believe how hard this must be for Maya- and you. I wish there was more we could do for you. We'll just keep praying and hoping for a quick recovery. Love you! Give Maya a big hug and kiss for me and my girls!