Friday, April 1, 2011

Pet Scan + Results

It all Started Last week with the PET SCAN. Had to be there early in the morning. The day before I had to eat a low carb /high protein/ low sugar diet so my blood sugar would be perfect for the test. Let's just say that was a LONG Sunday for me. I love comfort foods! After the blood sugar levels were checked I was ready for the tech to inject me with Radio Active Die so that the Scan could read my body! I was sitting in the room a bit nervous wondering could I actually have a cancer cell hanging out in my body just waiting to attack me again! So I kept saying... "think positive thoughts" "think positive thoughts"
I was instructed to not talk or move around for 1 hour so I text a little and then took a nap... tech took picture... funny guy
Hello Big Machine with a little hole! Little less than an hour in that capsule!
So this week I arrived at Chandler Hospital. Oncologist office is right next door. At 8:30 I drive in and park for my 8:40 appointment.... Nervous for results
9:00 put into a room
9:25 decided to get off that stupid bed with the paper sheet!
9:42 Decided to read the flip chart on Breast Cancer Risk Factors for the 1,000 time!
9:51 Still waiting...
9:53 Results= CLEAR!


so happy and relieved. what a blessing in my life. what a blessing to have modern technology to detect this. I- am- grateful there are just no other words.


love to you


keep those donations coming I'm almost at 1,000 dollars.