Friday, March 25, 2011

Maya gets Tubes!

I've always heard that if your child gets lots of ear infections that they probably will need tubes. Maya has had only 2 ear infections. However, her preschool tested her hearing and she failed 2 different times. I had noticed that she kept saying "what did you say?" So when they notified me I wasn't real surprised. She first went to the pediatrician and had her ears flushed. Her hearing was retested and she didn't respond real well to the hearing test. She was then referred to the ENT. She had a much more extensive hearing test done.
Results: "Fair" So the doctor made the decision to place tubes in her little ears.





She quietly waited for the doctor and was so calm about the whole thing. I thought when they took her away from me she would freak because she is so attached to my hip!


Good experience... So far so Good. She hasn't asked once..."what did you say?"

Love this sweet angel...






No comments: