Thursday, December 30, 2010

S.C.A.R.S.



before





Today I hopefully had my last and final surgery. This one was to correct the tightness and immobility I have on my back and under my arm. Not to mention the ugly long scar that didn't heal well. I have about 6 SCARS due to several surgeries to remove the cancer and put me back together. I'm in some serious pain tonight. I thought this surgery was no biggie but it hurts
P R E T T Y bad. No worries, I'll be back on my feet soon. (I have to I have 3 kids banging on my door asking me when I'm going get up!)


I have some real issues with all theses SCARS. I won't dwell on them very much but I have to say when a person gets cancer it sure has a lot of baggage that comes with it. Not only mentally but physically. These SCARS are ugly, they do not heal well (due to radiation and immune system) and they are a constant reminder of what you had. I really dislike these SCARS but in a way it has saved my life and allowed me to be symmetrical :)so I guess they are somewhat PrEtTy????


Thank you all for your support,

love,

encouragement,

I really would not be here without you

Love to you

E

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I loved catching up on your blog. Haven't checked these in a while. So fun to see your family all together. As far as the scars go...All I have to say is That Sucks! I'm so sorry. It really isn't fair all that you've gone through. I'm just hoping it all ends up fading over time. I love you.

Owen said...

You've been in our prayers to have a speedy recovery this time and feel back to your self in no time!

I once read an article about a celebrity talking about how her wrinkles are part of her life road map, they tell her life story. The bumps, and hurdles along the way. I think thats what your scars are like too. They tell of your great courage and are in a way your battle scars and trophys....you've been somewhere, been through hell and back and not everyone comes out alive and NO ONE comes out un scarred. You have been through something BIG and I believe your scars, although unseen to most, tell your story of bravery, commitment & courage. You, my friend, should hold your head high, YOU have conquered cancer, a beast that takes lives and shows no mercy, YOU have beat her. Be proud of yourself and whatever is left of your scarring is going to be your proof of battle and triumph. You earned my respect in the fight you fought. ELIZABETH CLUFF IS A WARRIOR MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Krista said...

Diddo to Erica!!! Seriously---
~much love~