Thursday, July 29, 2010

9th surgery done! but boy it sure does hurt!

See I'm already complaining this one really has put me a little under. Over all I'm fine just very tender to the touch and sore all over.

Dr. Boll is amazing though (my reconstruction surgeon) She has been able to transform something that was destroyed by radiation and infection to something that looks somewhat normal. The reason I'm in so much pain is because she had to sew my implant into my rib cage. I knew that when I woke up this time from surgery it hurt 10XS worse.



(side note: I had been feeling the previous implant shift at times when caring Maya or exercising I just thought that it was normal. It always felt so weird. Did not like the feeling of it at all)



So when Dr. Boll began the surgery she saw when I was laying down the implant moved from side to side and it just didn't stay in place. She says that the implant seems to shift do to damaged radiated tissue. So she sure fixed that one.... Sewing it into my rib cage!



What miracles can be created by such intelligent caring doctors. I'm blessed, I'm blessed, I'm blessed.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You dont know me, but I have been following your blog since I was diagnosed on Jan of 2009. I am on the reconstructive phase right now as well and im not happy with my surgeon and his answers for fixing my radiated breast. I would love to get a second opinion. If there is anyway you could email me and give me your Dr.s info, I would be so grateful. lomu4@yahoo.com