Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BabyEinstien's author wrote a cancer book!

Julie Aigner Clark best known as the mom who launched the wildly-popular Baby Einstein dvd's and books.

I had just about every DVD in my house during those early years with kids. “You Are the Best Medicine.” is the newest addition.

Julie (a two-time breast cancer survivor) wrote the book. WOW! what a treasure for parents with cancer who want to explain the disease to their young kids in the most delicate and gentle manner.

I look back now and wonder...how did I explain my stage 3 cancer to my 6,4 and 1 year old? It was difficult and I know Drake was confused many times. Maya only knew me with out hair and Ethen tried to be the one who understood it all but I know inside was always concerned. I think this book is a great way to explain to children what a person is about to go through. I sure had no clue what I was in for.

All I do know is Life gets better... Even though this experience never leaves me...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so cool that she did those books. It's nice that cancer patients have resources. Here's hoping you never have to use them again! :)