Thursday, May 20, 2010

Honoring Mothers Day







This Mothers Day was a little emotional for me. It began when Ethen came in with this homemade card. If you can zoom up close you can see that he is so happy I'm a survivor! This was not only on his mind but mine as well. Last year was so difficult to even process the next hour let alone be happy and honored on my day as a mother. Ethen, Drake and Maya knew that this mothers day was special for them. I was alive, in my bed waiting for them to bring me a bowl of cereal and homemade cards. I have often been told by my dear friend Erica that my kids are resilient and that they will be stronger children because of this experience and she is so right. Ethen was honoring Mothers day and honoring me as a survivor. For an 8 year old he is so wise. What a blessing...


2 comments:

Owen said...

OK, now that I'm tearing at the eye! Ethen is so sweet! i just love him! Kids can drive us all crazy & then a little thing like a homemade card w things from their heart written on it, makes you realize once again what is so important. I'm soo glad your Mother's Day was a good one...you deserve it.

Kristen said...

Sweet kids come from a very sweet mama. Glad you had a wonderful day!